Getting Your Car Ready for VacationMany people who stay with us at Captain’s Quarters Resort choose to drive rather than fly. Often, it is cheaper or they live within a few hours from us. Also, it’s convenient to have your own car while on your Myrtle Beach vacation.
Before leaving your home to head to the beach consider getting your car ready for vacation:
1. Check your tire pressure: This is important if you are driving a long way. Driving with low pressure in your tires can negatively affect your gas mileage and may cause you a headache if you have a slow leak you don’t know about.
2. Check your tires: If your tires are starting to wear down and you are driving a lot of miles to get here, then you may want to look into getting new tires. Not only will this make your car safer but it will also give you peace of mind.
3. Check your oil: This is a given for any long trip. Be sure to check your oil and get it changed if need be. You don’t want to get stuck on the side of the road or have problems along the way that could have easily been prevented.
4. Check your fluids: Beyond oil, be sure to check your other fluids in your car including your windshield wiper fluid. If you are driving during the summer you may end up with a lot of bugs on your windshield and you don’t want to run out of windshield wiper fluid at a time like this!
5. Get your car inspected: If you aren’t sure if your car is ready for your big trip, then take your car to a trusted mechanic to have them do a basic point inspection. They can check all the above mentioned items and more to be sure your car is at 100% for your vacation to Myrtle Beach.
If you run into any problems, end up needing an oil change when down here, or need to have your car looked at for any reason while on vacation in Myrtle Beach, check out our VMB Card partner, Tire Town. They have multiple locations, with the closest one to us being at 306 N. Kings Hwy. Show them your VMB Card and you can get a $22.95 oil and filter service; free tire rotation; free brake inspection; and if you need tires you can purchase 4 tires at regular price and get half off the installation fee.