CQ blog< Back to View All Blogs
Top Captain’s Quarters Resort Amenities for KidsCaptain’s Quarters Resort is a Myrtle Beach hotel that many families choose for their vacation because of the bountiful amenities. With so many amenities that cater to children and families, it is no surprise that we have been named the Most Kid-Friendly Hotel In Myrtle Beach by Oyster.com.
Check out our list of the top amenities for kids at our Myrtle Beach resort:
Shipwreck Lagoon Kids’ Waterpark
This is one of the most popular amenities at the resort. This kids’ waterpark is a large shallow wading pool complete with dump buckets, cannons and the main attraction, a giant ship wreck! Here kids can frolic in the water, pretend to be a pirate and just have fun!
- Why Kids Love It: This pool is just 1-foot deep and features lots of interactive water features.
- When It’s Open: Our pools are open 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. This pool is open year-round, however, it is most comfortable for swimming from late spring to mid-fall.
- Where’s It’s Located: This kids’ waterpark is located in front of the main resort, next to the Island Pool.
Level Six Entertainment Center
Our Myrtle Beach bowling center features 20 AMF lanes plus plenty of arcade games for the kids. It’s not only an air-conditioned relief during the summer but it’s also a great place to have some quality family time together. The arcade games are played with cards so you don’t have to worry about carrying around a bunch of quarters. When the kids are done playing games they can redeem their points for prizes at the redemption counter. Hungry? We serve up a delicious menu right here at our bowling alley so you don’t have to leave to get a snack.
- Why Kids Love It: Kids love the option to bowl or play games in a cool setting.
- When It’s Open: Hours vary by season, but this attraction is open year-round.
- Where’s It’s Located: The bowling alley and arcade are located on the 6th floor.
Indoor Lazy River
Located within the indoor pool complex, the four-foot deep indoor lazy river is a hit with the kids. Here they can grab an inner tube and float along the winding 232-foot path. Open year-round, this heated amenity is popular throughout the year.
- Why Kids Love It: Kids love floating around on a tube with their parents; no swimming skills required!
- When It’s Open: Year-round from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Where’s It’s Located: It is located adjacent to the indoor pool in our indoor pool complex.
2016 Children’s Activities
A popular amenity during the summer is the daily children’s activities program where kids can participate in an array of activities and meet some of our popular local characters including our mascot Salty the Shark and our friends Captain Sneaky and Tiki Bird. Your kids are sure to have a blast during their summer Myrtle Beach vacation!
- Why Kids Love It: Activities are held daily so there’s no reason for them to be bored!
- When It’s Open: Exact dates may vary from year-to-year, but typically daily throughout the summer.
- Where’s It’s Located: Typically on the pool deck.
Loco Gecko Beach Shak
For when your children get hungry, they are sure to love our local on-site Myrtle Beach restaurant, Loco Gecko Beach Shak. This popular dining outlet is open seasonally and features many delicious options that kids love including chicken fingers, burgers and pizza. They’ll also get to keep their cup which features our Loco Gecko logo!
- Why Kids Love It: With kid-friendly food options, we have something for even the pickiest eaters!
- When It’s Open: Seasonally (typically sometime in spring through mid-fall); daily during peak season.
- Where’s It’s Located: By our Ocean Inn Building, right next door to our main building.
Do these amenities sound like something your kids would like on your Myrtle Beach vacation? Click here to check out our full amenities listings. You are sure to find some that will catch your eye as well!