Top Attractions to Visit in Myrtle Beach During the Off-Season
Visiting Myrtle Beach during the off-season (typically November through early March) is a great thing to do with your family for many reasons. Myrtle Beach is less crowded, it’s easier to find parking spots by the beach and you don’t have to wait long for a table at a restaurant! Plus, there are many great attractions that are open in Myrtle Beach during the off-season that the whole family can enjoy.
1. Ripley’s Aquarium: Ripley’s Aquarium is open every day of the year! This attraction is great to see during the off-season because you won’t have to wait in line to see the octopus or touch the sting rays in the Ray Bay. You can ride through on the 340-foot long moving walkway under the sharks of the Dangerous Reef as many times as you want! Here you will see tarpons, sawfish and Gabby, the aquarium’s green sea turtle. If you plan to go more than twice during the year, consider purchasing an annual pass to save money. It will pay for itself after just three visits (with money left over!). If you show your discounts card you will get a free child’s shark tooth necklace for one child ages 4 to 12.
2. WonderWorks: An amusement park for the mind, WonderWorks is a great place to visit during the off-season, especially on days that aren’t particularly warm. With a multitude of indoor exhibits, this Myrtle Beach attraction provides hours of fun for the whole family! A plus side of visiting WonderWorks during the off-season is not having to worry about lines and you’ll likely be able stay at your favorite exhibit as long as you want or try it more than once! This is an attraction that will make the whole family happy, plus you will get a free souvenir mood cup filled with a soft drink by presenting your VMB Card with a paid admission!
3. Waccatee Zoo: For warmer winter days (or even cooler ones if you bring a light jacket), the Waccatee Zoo is a good choice and well-kept secret of Myrtle Beach. From gators to a variety of birds to monkeys that you can feed, the zoo provides an entire day of fun for families. This zoo is privately owned and is home to more than 100 species of animals. Bring your Myrtle Beach coupon card and you will get 10% off the total price of your family’s admission.
4. The Beach: Temperatures during the off-season can often get up to the 60s and sometimes even 70s. This is great weather for walking on the beach, pier fishing, collecting shells and so much more. Bring your beach chair, a light blanket or sweatshirt and spend the day sitting on the beach, reading a book or having a picnic while listening to the calming sounds of the waves. The beaches are not crowded at all during the off-season so you’ll be able to sit wherever you want to! You can also bring a Frisbee, football or bocce ball and make a fun afternoon out of it. Don’t miss the beach during the off-season!
5. MagiQuest: Another indoor Myrtle Beach attraction that is great to visit during the off-season is MagiQuest. Great for everyone in the family (as long as you have a little imagination), MagiQuest is even better during the winter because less people are in town and the attraction is less crowded. Grab a wand and set out on a magical adventure as you perform quests and make your way through an imaginary world filled with mystical creatures. Grab your discounts card and get a free dragon wand upgrade during your next visit when you purchase a new Magi Package.
6. Brookgreen Gardens: A beautiful park filled with history, sculptures, gardens and artwork, Brookgreen Gardens is located just south of Myrtle Beach in Murrells Inlet. This is a great place to visit during the off-season, because it is quite a large area that often involves a lot of walking, which is easier to do when the weather is a cooler, more comfortable temperature in the off-season. Take your discounts card with you and get $1 off up to four adult admissions to the gardens.
7. Myrtle Beach SkyWheel: The Myrtle Beach SkyWheel is a great attraction to visit during the winter in Myrtle Beach. Because the gondolas (where you sit for the ride) are completely enclosed, you won’t be cold as you make your rotations on the wheel. From here you can enjoy views of the beach, the waves crashing ashore and the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk. Plus, during the off-season you likely won’t have to wait long for your turn to ride. Grab your Myrtle Beach discounts card and arrive before 7 p.m. and you’ll get $2 off per person up to six people.
What’s your favorite off-season Myrtle Beach attraction? Comment below and let us know!