Nearby Attraction: Carl Michael Grand Illusion and Magic Show07/31/2012
There are lots of family activities to do during your Myrtle Beach vacation. Many families come to the beach year after year and do and see the same things every year. But sometimes you just want to do something totally different and we’ve uncovered a totally new show that everyone should check out on their trip to the beach.
The Carl Michael Grand Illusion and Magic show is held at the Landmark Resort every Monday and Thursday this summer. Here’s the top reasons why you should take your family to see this spectacular show:
1. Fun and Exciting: The Carl Michael Grand Illusion and Magic Show is fun and exciting to say the least. It’s an hour filled with “what’s going to happen next?” and “how did he do that?” Carl performs a wide variety of tricks and illusions. Each trick is unique. Some were created by Carl himself while others are traditional illusions that have been done for years with a modern twist. For example, Carl performs two levitation tricks: one with a volunteer child from the audience and the other with a floor lamp. Levitation is one of the oldest illusions in the world but seeing a floor lamp levitate? Now that’s something new!
2. Value: This show is an excellent value for families staying at Captain’s Quarters Resort. With your VMB Card you can receive $5 off each ticket. Plus, there is no other show like his on the Grand Strand and he has performed all over the country, including for large companies and celebrities. Take advantage of this excellent show while you can!
3. Location: The Landmark Resort is just a short drive south of Captain’s Quarters Resort. So hop in the car and take the entire family to the show!
4. Plenty of Show Times to Choose From: With shows every Monday and Thursday at 6 p.m. and 8:30 p.m., you have no reason not to go! Whether you choose to go to the early show then head to dinner at Loco Gecko afterwards or stay on the beach until the sun goes down then hit the 8:30 show, you can’t miss it!
5. Audience Interaction: Carl’s show provides plenty of audience interaction. He may even choose you to come up on stage and witness one of his illusions first hand! He also jokes with the audience and is very personable throughout the show. You won’t feel far away from the stage, you will feel like you are right there experiencing it all. Plus, after the show Carl invites guests onto the stage to inspect an element used in his final trick, which will make you say once again “How did he do that?” Following the show Carl is also available for pictures and to answer questions. At least every question except how did you do that?!