What’s New in Myrtle Beach: 2018 Edition
With each new year in Myrtle Beach comes fun new attractions, delicious new restaurants, and more reasons to visit the beach.
Check out our roundup of what’s new in Myrtle Beach since last summer and what’s coming soon. Be sure to add these to your spring or summer vacation itinerary!
Benchwarmers Grill & Tap Room
This grill and sports bar is family friendly and will be located near Broadway at the Beach and the Myrtle Beach Pelicans baseball field. They will feature a ton of different appetizers, burgers, sandwiches, a great kids menu, and they have 48 drinks on tap!
Masala Chai has amazing Indian street food and fun Bollywood decorations. This new restaurant is located 9.6 miles north of our resort, and it is very convenient to visit on your way to or from Barefoot Landing.
Water Tree Cafe
If you had a little too much fast food on your journey to Myrtle Beach, the Water Tree Cafe is a great place to grab a salad, taco, crabcake, or one of the other delicious lunch or dinner options. It is located next to the Walmart on Farrow Parkway, near The Market Common.
Lucy Buffett's LuLu’s
During your visit up to Barefoot Landing for shops, House of Blues, and Alligator Adventure, be sure to check out the new LuLu's! LuLu's has a great waterfront view, and is "celebrating, food, family, and FUN!" Grab some gumbo and enjoy their live music.
Ocean Boulevard Entertainment Complex (coming soon!)
This newly constructed complex will feature three stories of oceanfront restaurants and entertainment! Guests will have one more awesome reason to visit the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk as this new attraction will be just past Pier 14 on the northern end of the Boardwalk. Restaurants will include Tin Roof: A Live Music Joint, Papa’s Raw Bar, Burger Fi, and The Bimini Room, and the ground floor will include a beach retail store.
The Market Common is about to get even better with this brand new restaurant that includes bowling, pool tables, darts, and other games.
Topgolf (coming soon!)
Topgolf is coming to Myrtle Beach! Even non-golfers will love the fun and modern atmosphere, specially crafted food and drinks, and golfers will be amazed by the electronic driving ranges and games. The golf balls are microchipped!
Also New in Myrtle Beach!
Vista Nine Renovation
Our very own breakfast restaurant, Vista Nine, has received a fresh new look! Don't worry, we still offer the best view in town and the most delicious breakfast!
Sunday Funday - New this year!
Parents can drop off their children for a Sunday Funday from noon to 4:00 pm. Registration will run from 11:00am to noon at the Level 6 Entertainment Center. It is $25 per child and includes bowling, arcade time with a $10 game card, a pizza lunch and a tie dye t-shirt.
New Myrtle Beach Flights
New flight destinations and nonstop travel options have been added for 2018 at the Myrtle Beach International Airport (MYR).
- Allegiant Airlines is adding nonstop service to and from Myrtle Beach and Flint, MI and Louisville, KY beginning June 6, and Nashville, TN starting June 8.
- American Airlines will add flights between MYR and Dallas/Fort Worth every Saturday at 3:15 pm starting April 7.
- Elite Airlines is adding flights to and from MYR and Albany and White Plains, NY beginning April 5, 2018, and Newport News, VA, beginning April 6.
- Frontier Airlines will offer nonstop flights to Providence, RI, and Ipslip/Long Island, NY beginning May 20, Trenton, NJ beginning May 21, and Denver, CO beginning May 23.
- Spirit Airlines will be adding nonstop to and from MYR and Minneapolis/St. Paul and Dallas/Fort Worth starting April 12.
- Sun County Airlines will be adding twice-a-week flights to and from MYR and Minneapolis between April 6 and June 4.
Are you ready to check out all of these exciting new Myrtle Beach updates? Start your vacation planning by checking out our Myrtle Beach resort deals and get ready to book your family getaway today!