CQ blog< Back to View All Blogs
Top Summer Myrtle Beach Shows
Throughout the summer Myrtle Beach is a hub for live entertainment and shows. From indoor venues like Alabama Theatre to outdoor live concerts, there are lots of shows for those visiting Myrtle Beach this summer 2014.
Below is our list of the top summer shows that you don’t want to miss!
- Hot Summer Nights: Throughout the summer Hot Summer Nights takes over the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk. On Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays this summer, there will be live concerts oceanfront beginning at 8 p.m. at Plyler Park. Plus, on Wednesdays at 6 p.m. there will be live music at the 9th Avenue Stage. Music varies from day to day and includes country, jazz, pop, rock and more! There is no charge for these concerts, making it the perfect way to end a summer evening.
- Illusions of Magic: Taking place at the Palace Theatre, Illusions of Magic is host to an evening of entertainment! With special effects, dancers, unique scenery, tigers and so much more, this show is great for anyone who loves to be “wowed”! Plus, they also have 2 p.m. matinee shows most days, so this show is sure to fit your schedule.
- Boathouse Summer Concert Series: Located on the Waterway, the Boathouse is host of the Summer Concert Series. Generally drawing a more adult crowd, they feature bands and musicians every Sunday including Fastball, Tru Sol, Little Texas and Outshyne. This event is free and has great views of the water!
- ONE The Show: Taking place all summer on most nights, ONE The Show is fun for the entire family! Featuring singing, dancing, comedy as well as extravagant backdrops and costumes, this show is great for a family night out.
- Legends In Concert: This summer’s Legends In Concert acts include Madonna, Blues Brothers, Steven Tyler, Michael Jackson and Elvis Presley. Featuring talented tribute artists performing these acts, you will think you are seeing the real thing!
Special One-Time Shows
- Martina McBride: For country music lovers, Martina McBride will be in Myrtle Beach at the Alabama Theatre on August 15 at 7 p.m. She has sold more than 18 million albums and has produced multiple hits!
- Live at the Fillmore – Allman Brothers Tribute: The House of Blues at Barefoot Landing will be hosting this tribute show on July 18 at 8:30 p.m. If you love the hits of this rock/blues band then you will want to check out this show!
As you can see, there is no lack in the entertainment department this summer in Myrtle Beach! Plus, there are many events taking place right here at Captain’s Quarters!
We’ll see you this summer!