CQ blog< Back to View All Blogs
Top 5 Things to do on a Rainy Day at Captain’s Quarters
While most of our days here in Myrtle Beach are sunny, we do get the occasional rain shower. Typically, it’s a quick shower and not an entire day of rain, but if you ever do find yourself in Myrtle Beach on a rainy day, you will want to be sure that the resort that you choose is one that has plenty of indoor activities to offer.
With a large variety of indoor amenities, Captain’s Quarters is truly a weather-proof resort, perfect for the entire family. Here is our list of the top 5 things to do on a rainy day at Captain’s Quarters hotel in Myrtle Beach (and beyond!):
1. Visit the Level Six Entertainment Center: The Level Six Entertainment Center is conveniently located on the 6th floor of Captain’s Quarters. It includes a state of the art 20-lane bowling alley complete with big screen televisions and “ice blocks” that change colors at each lane while you and your family relax during a fun game of bowling. Guests of Captain’s Quarters can bowl one game per day for FREE based on lane availability (shoe rental is extra). In addition to bowling, adults can enjoy a drink at the bar, kids can munch on snacks and everyone can play arcade games to win prizes following their round of bowling! The Level Six Entertainment Center is the perfect place to spend a rare rainy day in Myrtle Beach.
2. Have Breakfast at Vista Nine: Vista Nine serves breakfast daily during the summer and is the perfect place to go on a rainy morning! Wake up to a beautiful view of the ocean while you enjoy your morning coffee and breakfast with your family. The view cannot be beat and you can take your time and linger a bit since Vista Nine stays open until 11 a.m.
3. Splash Into Fun at our Indoor Pools: Our indoor, heated resort pool, 232-foot lazy river and two hot tubs plus a waterfall hot tub are a perfect place to swim away the afternoon on a rainy day. Kids can splash in the water or float down the lazy river while adults can relax in the hot tubs. Plus, many of the summer children’s activities move indoors in the event of rain. Don’t let the rain keep you away from the fun at our Myrtle Beach resort!
4. Loco Gecko Beach Shak: Loco Gecko, our on-site lunch and dinner restaurant, is the perfect place to relax with the family during a rare rain shower. Here you will find a menu that will please most anyone with offerings such as burgers, pizzas, wraps and salads. Located just across the street from the main resort building, you will barely be outside long enough to get wet if it happens to be raining when you step over to this popular Myrtle Beach restaurant.
5. Fitness Center – Do you normally jog on the beach to get your daily exercise? Visit the on-site fitness center to keep up with your routine on a rainy day. With state-of-the-art equipment and cool air-conditioning, your exercise routine won’t get washed out.
Bonus: Myrtle Beach Activities
If you want to venture out on the town on a rainy day, there are still some fun attractions and shows that you can see where weather won’t get in your way. Consider checking out these nearby family-friendly Myrtle Beach rainy day activities:
·Climb into a replica of the Mercury Capsule at WonderWorks
·Come face to face with a green sea turtle at Ripley’s Aquarium
·Check out a movie at BIG D Theater
·See Elvis at Legends In Concert
·Catch a live show at Palace Theatre
·Admire a watercolor painting at Franklin G. Burroughs - Simeon B. Chapin Art Museum
·See how you compare to the world’s tallest man at Ripley’s Believe It Or Not!
·Check out the sales at Tanger Outlets
·Go on an adventure at MagiQuest
·Make bubbles at the Bubble Mania exhibit at Children’s Museum of South Carolina
·Cheer on a knight at Medieval Times
Now that you know that your vacation won’t get washed out, be sure to start planning your family-friendly Myrtle Beach vacation at Captain’s Quarters Resort today!