CQ blog< Back to View All Blogs
Myrtle Beach Attractions Open in the Winter
While some may think that Myrtle Beach shuts down for the winter, this is not true. In fact, there are many Myrtle Beach attractions that remain open all winter as well as some special events that take place throughout the winter as well. Often these attractions are less crowded in the winter and of course, hotel room rates are much lower this time of year as well.
So why not take a weekend Myrtle Beach vacation?
When planning your winter trip to Myrtle Beach, be sure to check out these nearby attractions and adventures that are open all winter long:
- WonderWorks: This popular attraction is open every day of the year!
- Ripley’s Aquarium: They are open even on holidays! Be sure to check out their Festival of Trees daily through December 31.
- Apache Pier: The longest wooden pier in Myrtle Beach is open daily.
- Medieval Times: While there are not shows daily throughout the winter, each week boasts at least two shows with even more added during their peak weeks.
- Waccatee Zoo: This zoo is open daily, weather-permitting.
- Broadway at the Beach: This shopping, dining and entertainment district is open daily except for Christmas. Thanksgiving operation is optional for the businesses located there. Their hours vary based on season.
- The Market Common: Market Common district is open daily except for Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. Hours vary by season.
- SkyWheel: Although they may temporarily close for a short time for yearly maintenance, the SkyWheel is open year-round, weather-permitting; however, they are typically closed on Christmas.
- Myrtle Beach Boardwalk: While the hours may vary for some of the shops and dining along the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk, the walk itself is never closed off so you can go for a beachside stroll any time of the year.
- Hollywood Wax Museum Entertainment Center: One of the area’s newer attractions, the wax museum is open every day of the year.
There are also plenty of attractions in our county as well as surrounding counties that are worth checking out during your Myrtle Beach vacation including:
- Inlet Point Plantation: Be sure to call ahead and make a reservation for your beach horseback riding excursion.
- Barefoot Landing: This North Myrtle Beach hub is open daily except for Christmas, while Thanksgiving is optional for businesses.
- The Big M Casino: This floating casino cruise operates out of Little River throughout the year except for Sundays.
- Brookgreen Gardens: Located in Murrells Inlet, they are open daily except for Christmas.
This is just a sampling of all the fun that can still be had in Myrtle Beach during the winter. There’s also less crowds, great mild temperatures and plenty of indoor water features, including our indoor lazy river, at our resort for the entire family to enjoy!
*Hours for some may vary in the winter and some attractions operate based on weather; check with each attraction for exact days and times of operation; some attractions are closed on holidays.