Top Nearby Myrtle Beach Family-Friendly Fourth of July Events
The Fourth of July and Myrtle Beach are a great combination for families looking to celebrate the holiday at the beach.
There are many great activities taking place throughout the Myrtle Beach area this year for the Fourth of July. Whether you choose to relax on the beach and check out some evening fireworks or if you want to check out activities all day long, you and your family will have plenty of nearby options.
Here is our list of the top 2015 Myrtle Beach Fourth of July events for families to check out this year, all within close proximity of Captain’s Quarters Resort:
Captain’s Quarters Resort Activities
Don’t feel like fighting holiday traffic? Just come on out and spend the day with us instead! We’ll be hosting our Kids Carnival & Uncle Sam’s Celebration from noon until 4 p.m.! Enjoy a live DJ, games and more on our oceanfront pool deck! (note: activities are tentative and weather-permitting)
Croissants Bistro and Bakery 4th Annual Cupcake Eating Contest
For those that love cupcakes or enjoy watching people compete in food-eating contests, the Cupcake Eating Contest hosted by Croissants Bistro and Bakery is the place to be! The afternoon will include a competition for those who are 18 or older for their chance to be named the Cupcake Champion! During the five-minute contest, participants will try to eat as many cupcakes as possible at 4 p.m. Be sure to pre-register to grab your spot! The event will also include other family-friendly activities from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. including carnival games, a petting zoo, face painting and so much more. Call (843) 448-2253 for more information.
Annual Murrells Inlet 4th of July Boat Parade
A Murrells Inlet tradition, the 32nd Annual 4th of July Boat Parade begins at high tide (10 a.m.) at Garden City Point. Watch as local boats are decked out in their finest red, white, and blue as they float through the inlet. Viewing spots are available along the MarshWalk, Belin Methodist Church, and the new JettyWalk area.
4th of July Myrtle Beach Fireworks
A variety of places in Myrtle Beach will be shooting off fireworks this Fourth of July:
- Post-Game Myrtle Beach Pelicans fireworks display will take place at the TicketReturn.com Field following the July 3 game against the Red Sox.
- Broadway at the Beach will shoot theirs off beginning at 10p.m. over Lake Broadway on July 4.
- Myrtle Beach Boardwalk will display their July 4 fireworks over the ocean at 10 p.m.
In addition, various locations, a bit farther from Captain’s Quarters Resort, will also be shooting off fireworks including:
- Barefoot Landing in North Myrtle Beach will be blasting off their fireworks at 10:15 p.m. over their scenic lake.
- Surfside Beach will host a 4th of July Celebration from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the Surfside Beach Pier with entertainment by Garth & Friends followed by fireworks at 9:30 p.m.
Accommodations will likely sell out for the 4th of July weekend, so click here to make your reservations today!